Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Legends Game

Mentors, 

Are you planning to attend Amachi Night at the Legends?  If so, let Maryssa or Michael know today.  [859.389.8279]

We're looking forward to seeing you!  You'll also be given the opportunity to meet our summer intern, Mikie Benton [there's a note from him below], as well as watch a couple of our mentees throw out the first pitch.  It's going to be a great evening for Amachi.


Dear Mentors, Mentees, and Parents,

My name is Mikie Benton and I'm from Russellville, Kentucky.   I'm a 22 year old student athlete at the University of Kentucky.  I've been a member of UK's football team since 2008 and this fall I'm heading into my senior year.  I am currently doing an internship here at Amachi Central Kentucky, to observe professionals who strive to make children's lives better.  I too, have a great interest in working with children.  While here until the end of July, I will be given opportunities to make calls to parents as well as those of you wanting to be mentors.  This letter is just an introduction as to who I am and my purpose if we happen to come into contact. I hope to speak with all of you soon.

Sincerely,

Mikie Benton


No comments:

Post a Comment